A Brief Prayer for Your Lord's Day


Here is another brief prayer I want to offer up to you today as you go through yet another Lord's Day. For the most part, it is a prayer gleaned from one of my favorite devotional books, The Valley of Vision. I encourage you to take this prayer and make it yours.



Lord, help me, for I am often lukewarm and chill;
Unbelief mars my confidence, sin makes me forget you. 

Let the weeds that grow in my soul be cut at their roots;
Grant me to know that I truly live only when I live for you, 
That all else is trifling. 

Your presence alone can make me holy, devout, strong and happy. 
Abide in me, gracious God and fill me with your holy presence. 

Amen. 


Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...