How Young Is too Young for a Cell Phone?

A recent study reveals that nearly 6 out of 10 parents of tweeners (children between the ages of 8 and 12) said that their child has a cell phone. I don't know about you ... but that figure surprised me. Not that there are children of that age who have cell phones (I have seen them), but that almost 60% of children in this age group do (if, indeed, the survey is accurate).  Now what concerns me about this is that these children are not mature enough to understand the downside of technology. But then again, I would guess there are a lot of parents out there who do not understand this downside either. And there is a downside ... and it might surprise you.

Tim Challies is one of my favorite bloggers. He released a book in 2011 that addresses this area of technology and its impact on our lives. Below is a video that introduces his book, The Next Story: Life and Faith after the Digital Explosion. Definitely a must read for all of us who want to keep our sanity in this fast-paced digital world!





 Thanks for stopping by . . . pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...