Cancelled!

For the second time this winter, snow has forced us to cancel our Wednesday evening activities here at the church. And of course, it would happen after I made a big deal this past Sunday about it being the first Sunday of "Meteorological" Spring. But it does snow in the month of March (do you remember the March 13, 1993 superstorm that dropped over 20 inches of snow and effectively shut down the region for several days?). So we should not be suprised that it snowed today! I just am hoping it's the last of the season!

As I sat at my desk this morning and stared out at the snow blanketing the ground, I was reminded of the words of Isaiah 1:18, "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow." Wow! To think that our sins have been cancelled and our souls washed clean - so that when God looks at us now, he sees us as being as white (pure) as snow! Thanks be to Jesus!!!

Thanks for listening,
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...