The Fickle Weather of March

Yep. Two days ago I was enjoying the warm gentle breezes of a sunny March day blowing through my hair (OK - maybe blowing against my scalp would be more accurate!). Today, I awoke to the sound of sleet tapping my bedroom windows. And as I write this blog, I am trying to decide when to make my trip to America's Keswik (located in Whiting, NJ). Should I go early this afternoon and try to beat the bulk of the bad weather? Or should I wait until first light tomorrow and hope that the bad weather is gone? Who would have thought a couple of days ago that I would be faced with such a dilemma today?!!? But that is the weather of March. Warm one day. Bitterly cold the next. And so any snow that does fall today, will most likely be gone a few days down the road. Yea!! You go snow!

We as people can sometimes be fickle as well. We make promises, but we don't keep them. One day we are UP the next we are DOWN. Today we are very kind to others. Tomorrow we may be down right mean and self-centered. I know - because far-too-often this is me that I am describing.

Today, let's come to a decision. A decision to stop being fickle! To attempt to live each day under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Loving God with all that we are and loving others as we love ourselves. Sure. We will blow it from time to time. The self-centered flesh that still resides within us is powerful (as is the Enemy of our souls who is always on the prowl seeking to tempt and deceive us). But God graciously forgives us of each fickle moment and then continues to help us to put fickleness forever behind us. So let's determine to kiss fickleness goodbye! And let's start today!

Thanks for listening,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...