Spring Has Sprung!

Yeah! Yo! Finally! It is here! What is here? Spring is here! I know some of you are thinking, "OK, John, hold on! I just checked my calendar and it says spring arrives on March 21st. So what are you raving about?" Today is March 1st, right? March 1st is the first day of METEROLOGICAL spring! You see, meterologists divide the year's season according to climate - and the three coldest months of the year are December, January and February. March begins the transition to warmer weather. Therefore, March, April and May make up meterological spring. So in a very real sense we can celebrate today the arrival of spring - unless, of course you love snow and cold and ice and sleet!

So take heart! Even if we have to endure another snow storm, it won't be long before the warm breezes are rustling our hair as we sit out on our back decks (well - maybe the warm breezes will rustle your hair!). I just love spring. To watch nature "come back to life" after lying dormant and "dead" throughout the winter gets me pumped! For me it is a reminder of the resurrection of Jesus who though once dead and in the tomb is now alive! Praise God for the new life of spring - and the new life that is ours because Jesus now lives!

Thanks for listening,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...