It's Always "Your Serve!"

Again I am pulling a blog posting from the past (summer of 2007). I am posting this again because all of us need to be reminded that being a servant is something God calls us all to be - everyone of us without exception! But far too often, we are looking for others to serve us vs. looking for opportunities to serve others. Remember Jesus said, if we want to be great in His kingdom, then the path of servanthood is the path we must travel.


It's Always "Your Serve!"
August 2, 2007


I used to play a fair amount of ping pong, tennis and volleyball. In all of these activities, participants get the chance to serve. I especially loved to serve when playing ping pong. A former pastor of mine (way back when I was in high school) taught me how to put all kinds of "english" (a.k.a. "spin") on the ball which causes it to fly off the opponents paddle in a lot of weird directions. So serving while playing ping pong is FUN!

As we live out our lives, God calls us to serve. Not just when it is convenient or comfortable - but often when it is not. We need to pay attention to the Word of God when in Galatians 5:13 we are told, "You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love." We need this reminder because all too often we want to use our freedom to serve ourselves. Don't go down this path. Rather, each day when you wake up remind yourself that you are called by God to be a servant. Indeed, "It's YOUR serve!"


Thanks for listening,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...