Now Was That a Big Dog or a Little Horse?

Yesterday, I had to stop by someone's house. After knocking at the door, the lady of the house opened the door. After a quick exchange of "hellos," this huge animal head appeared from behind the door. At first I was unsure as to just exactly what I was looking at. I mean the head had the look of a dog's head -- but the size of a horse's head. I took a fast step back. The woman, noticing the look of fear (no, better said, HORROR!) on my face, quickly assured me that the dog was a very friendly dog. Now - I have NEVER seen a dog as big as this dog. It was a Great Dane. Great Dane's average about 130 lbs ... and from what I understand larger males can easily top 175 pounds. This dog tipped the scales at over 210 pounds. It was a giant of a dog ... and fortunately a very gentle giant! So as it turns out ... I had nothing to fear!

Often times as life unfolds, trials appear out of nowhere. As we first encounter them, they can threaten to overwhelm us. We see them as huge threats to our life and well-being. This is why when a trial hits, we must look to God. Psalm 121:2 reminds us that when we are in need of help, our "help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." When we stop to realize that our help comes from the Almighty Creator of the universe -- that should go a long way toward helping us to not be overwhelmed or not to "throw in the towel and quit" when trials come our way. Our God is bigger than ANYTHING this life can throw our way!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...