Fighting Pollution - Noise Pollution!

I am sure none of you would argue with me that we live in a very noisy world! Cell phones ringing. Car horns honking. Rowdy children screaming. Lawn mowers roaring. And I could go on and on and on. Some people take the fight to rid of world of noise quite seriously. I found one group on the Internet. It is the NPC (Noise Pollution Clearinghouse). The group's mission is "is to create more civil cities and more natural rural and wilderness areas by reducing noise pollution at the source." And on their web site they offer a number of resources to help people reduce noise pollution.

Now am I surprised that such a group exists? Not at all. I am bombarded just like you with noise all the time. This is why it is so vital that we get apart from the noise and get quiet before God. Let me encourage you to fight noise pollution in your own life by making the time to be alone before God. So take your Bible, find a quiet place, and spend some alone and quiet time with the God who made you ... and the God who so loved you that He sent His one and only Son to pay the penalty for your sin against Him. Be quiet. And "be still and know that HE is God" (Psalm 46:10).

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...