Today We Remember . . .

Today is the 7th anniversary of the 9-11 terrorist attack. All over our country, people are pausing to remember those who died as a result of that horrible day in our nation's history. My heart aches for those who lost loved ones ... and my heart grieves over the existence of such evil in human hearts that can drive men to devise and carry out such a diabolical scheme. But such is the world in which we live. But in the midst of the doom of our 9-11 recollections - there is a "silver lining." I am referring to the hundreds upon hundreds of men and women who showed heroism that day. Many of these did so at the cost of their own lives. We can find great encouragement in that! Jesus himself said "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13).

Jesus showed us just how great his love for us was and is ... when "while we were yet sinners, he died for us!" (Romans 5:8). May we never forget the cross -- may we always (DAILY) remember his sacrifice! Yes, I know that Jesus left us the ordinance of communion to practice ("This do in remembrance of me.") And it is very important that we gather with our church family to practice communion - but I also hope that we remember the cross and Jesus' sacrifice for us more often than just when we observe communion. Let me encourage you -- to pause right now and glory in the cross of Jesus Christ! As the Apostle Paul states, "God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ!" (Galatians 6:14)

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...