Goodbye Summer!

Yesterday's Labor Day holiday marked the traditional end of summer (although the last official day of summer is September 21st). Thinking about this saddens me as I have grown to become a "Summer Man!" I love the outdoors -- and in my book there is no better time of year to be outdoors than the good ole summer time!

Now I could spend my day moping around, "boo-hooing" the demise of summer. But that would gain me nothing. I need to be thankful for the blessings I enjoyed this summer and move on to the next season of the year (which brings its own good things!).

This is a microcosm of life. Life has its various seasons. First, their is the season of childhood. This gives way to adolescence which in turn yields to young adulthood. Young adulthood is replaced by middle age which precedes our mature years. I don't know where you are in the changing seasons of life, but I am moving through middle age. Each season brings its own blessings and burdens, joys and sorrows, challenges and opportunities. For those of you who follow Jesus, be assured that you never have to "go it alone" - no matter what season of life you are currently experiencing. My hope is that you will strive to live each season -- ALL BY GOD'S GRACE AND ALL FOR HIS GLORY!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...