Maybe? Perhaps? Probably but . . .

Last night I found myself chuckling to myself as I watched of all things - the weather report. I was amused by the discussion of the forecast by the on camera meteorologist. He was talking about an approaching storm ... well, sort of. You see the storm hasn't formed yet. And although it probably will, it is still not a sure bet. And if it does form, which it probably will, it may move westward into the southeastern states OR it may move up along the coast into the mid-Atlantic states OR it may skirt the coast and head for New England. Oh and it may or may not become a tropical storm or ... yes ... possibly even a hurricane - maybe. I will give the weather guy credit -- he finally admitted that he just didn't know!

I am so glad that this type of uncertainty does not apply to the Bible. When God speaks in this book, we can rest assured that he speaks with certainty. He is, after all, the Designer, the Creator, the Sustainer of this vast universe. And he and he alone is sovereign over all. So when he speaks, it is not in the language of "maybe," "probably," "perhaps," or "likely." No. What he says, goes! And there is no "ifs," "ands," or "buts" about it! The writer of Psalm 119:89 put it well when he said, "Your word, O LORD, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens." And what is firm in heaven is rock solid on earth!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...