Back to See the Dentist!


Yesterday, in addition to heading back to the office I had to head back to see my dentist. Two weeks ago, I went for a LONNGGG overdue checkup. During that exam I was told I had one cavity and it was a deep one. The dentist then told me that based on the xrays, he guessed there was an 80% chance I would need a root canal. So with all of that running around in my mind ... after several hours of work put in at the office, I took off for the dentist's.

Now I am not a fan of the dentist. In fact, I used to go to a dentist who had a sign on his window that read, "We cater to cowards." I always thought that was appropriate every time I walked through the doors. "They knew I was coming!" So I was surprised at how calm I felt yesterday, as I drove to my appointment. I was doing just fine until I walked into the dental office. The receptionist was on the phone and was saying these words as I was walking up to the counter to sign in, "We have a patient in a chair who is experiencing what seems to be heart related issues. We need you to send an ambulance immediately!" Now at that point, I was beginning to rethink my appointment. Is this something that I REALLY need to do???

I am glad to report that the ambulance came and transported the man to the hospital (at which time he seemed to be doing much better) AND I survived my appointment (the dentist was able to just fill the cavity as the nerve was not exposed - although I must keep an "eye tooth" on it just in case it becomes clear that more work will be required!). SOOO ... my wallet and my calendar were both spared a major hit - not to mention my ego (I am a wimp with pain)!

This situation had a good result. But often in this life (in which we live in a world that is "temporarily out of order"), this is not the case. This is why we must do our part to strengthen our faith in God (by getting to know Him and His promises as revealed in His Word) while also asking him to grow our faith - for it is faith in God that will help us to overcome this world!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...