For the Thrill of It!


I don't know if you heard about the new all glass balconies of the Sears Tower in Chicago. They extend out about four feet from the building's 103rd floor Skydeck. Since the ceiling, walls and floor are all made of glass, visitors who have nerve enough to venture out onto the balconies get the feeling that they are floating in air, 1335 feet above the street below! I don't know about you, but here is one guy that will never (and I do mean NEVER!!!!) experience that! Nope! Call me chicken ... call me scaredy cat ... call me anything you want - but you will never find me on the 103rd floor Skydeck of the Sears Tower ... let alone on those all glass balconies!

Now why would anyone want to venture onto these glass balconies suspended over the city of Chicago? For the thrill of it, I guess. Visitors who got an advanced tour of "The Ledge" (as the glass balconies have been labeled) talked of pounding hearts and breathless views. I have no doubt that they are right! But for Christians, there is coming a thrill that will leave all earthly thrills appear as non events in comparison. I am talking of the thrill of Heaven ... the thrill of seeing Jesus Christ face-to-face. The thrill of finally being home!

I hope you are looking forward to Heaven. And I especially hope that you have confidence that when you leave this earthly journey behind, you WILL find yourself in that glorious place. If you have any questions about what lies beyond earth's shores for you - PLEASE don't hesitate to contact me (jsmith@gracewv.org). I would be glad to "chat!"

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...