Beware of Those Time Wasters!


If you are anything like me ... I am sure you feel "the time crunch." You know, the ever present squeeze you feel because you have too much to do and too little time to do it in! I feel this a lot. But I wonder - how much of it is of my own making? By this I mean, how much time do I waste in rather meaningless, trivial pursuits? Recently a sheet containing a list of typical time wasters was distributed at one of our staff meetings. Here is some of the things that were part of the list ... as you read it, ask yourself if you are "guilty" of any:

1. Sleeping too much.
2. Watching too much TV.
3. Playing video/computer/xbox/Wii games.
4. Talking too long with people.
5. Emails.
6. Surfing the Internet (and I would include such sites as Facebook and My Space).
7. Day dreaming.

My friends, time is a precious commodity. God gives us all the same amount: 24 hours, 1440 minutes, 86,400 seconds each day. And once our day, hour, minute or second is past ... it is gone forever. God's Word admonishes us to "look carefully then how (we) walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16making the best use of the time, because the days are evil" (Ephesians 5:15-15, ESV).

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...