A Word about "Sabbath-Keeping"


I have been plodding through a book that I am finding myself enjoying the more I read of it. The book is titled, The Rest of God: Restoring Your Soul by Restoring Sabbath. It is written by a Canadian pastor by the name of Mark Buchannan. Below is a quote I read last week that really got me thinking:


"Sabbath-keeping is more than time management. It is a fresh orientation to time, where we think with holy imagination about how the arc of our moments and the hours of our days intersects with eternity. 'Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom' (Psalm 90:12). Teach us that this is not just another day of the week, but the day that the Lord has made . . . (we need to learn to) work out where time and eternity meet. Pay attention to how God is afoot in the mystery of each moment, in its mad rush or maddening plod. He is present in all that. But too often we are so time-obsessed we take no time to really notice."

Hmm. There are some good insights there. Now if I can only find the time to reflect on them!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...