The Heart of Christianity!

"The heart and soul of all Christianity is our relationship with Christ. Our salvation begins with Him, our sanctification progresses with Him, and our glorification ends with Him. He is the reason for our being, and thus He is more valuable to us than anyone or anything" (John MacArthur, The Power of Integrity). The Apostle Paul wrote something similar in his letter to the church at Philippi, "But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ" (Philippians 3:7-8).

How about YOU? Is Jesus Christ and your relationship to HIM more valuable to YOU than anything or anyone else??? And if you answer "Yes!" - what evidence in your life would back that up?

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

PS - Our backyard wedding last night was beautiful! God-honoring, sunny and a very happy and blessed bride and groom!

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...