Africa Trip Update


In just 14 days, my son-in-law and I will be departing from Philadelphia for the Central African Republic. When I think about going to the C.A.R., I shake my head in amazement at how God has opened this door. This opportunity to minister was not something for which I was looking. All I was doing (all?) was praying and asking God if He had something for me to do overseas this year! Voila - God replied back in February through the invitation of Augustin Hibaile (you can read more about this in my blog postings from the week of March 9, 2009). The more I have gotten to know this man, the more amazed I have grown. He has opportunities to minister at the highest levels in his country (for example, every Monday he meets with the Prime Minister of the country to pray with him!).

Augustin has set up a very busy schedule for us. Of the 14 days we will be in the C.A.R., we will be involved in teaching, training, preaching on 12 of these days. We will be training pastors, chaplains and members of Augustin's CIDEL staff (CIDEL is a French acronym which stands for the International Center for the Development of Ethical Leadership). I will also have the opportunity to preach in two churches and at a Bible Institute.

Please pray for Ryan and me as we put the "finishing touches" on our materials. Our desire is to be instruments of God's blessing. The people in the C.A.R. have so little when it comes to earthly riches. Our prayer is that we will be used by God to add to their spiritual riches!

Thanks for stopping by ... and thanks for your prayers which we so desperately need!

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...