God's Word


Much of my life revolves around the Bible. I read it daily. I strive to obey it consistently (and some days are better than others!). I teach it regularly. Numerous versions of it litter both my church and home offices. Bottom line - I love God's Word (and desire to love it more - see Psalm 119:97, 127). Because I love the Word of God, I found the following quote of John Piper to be a quote that just really got me salivating to get into the Scripture. The quote concerns the phrase "living and active" from Hebrews 4:12 which reads, "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

"The Word of God is not a dead word or an ineffective word. It has life in it. And because it has life in it, it produces effects. There is something about the Truth, as God has revealed it, that connects it to God as a source of all life and power. God loves His Word. He is partial to His Word. He honors His Word with his presence and His power. If we want our teaching or witness to have power and produce effects, let us stay close to the revealed Word of God" (John Piper in Pierced by the Word).

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...