And the Winner Is . . .

When it comes to playing games, I don't view myself as being all that competitive. But if you were to ask my wife, she would beg to disagree. And you know, I think she's probably right. You see, I don't like to lose. It does not matter if we are talking Wii frisbee golf or a good old fashioned game of dominoes. I really do not like losing. Now I would guess that I am like most people in this. If we were to have a choice, most of us would much rather be on the winning side vs. the losing side -  no matter what the competition might happen to be.

That is why I am glad that God in His grace brought me into His family. That puts me on the "winning side." What I mean by this can be explained by a story I once heard. A church custodian was working one day near the pastor's office. The pastor was busy preparing a sermon on the Book of Revelation. The pastor, curious as to what the custodian thought about the Book of Revelation, asked him his opinion on the book. In response, the custodian replied, "I don't know a lot about Revelation ... but one thing I do know is that the central message of the book is that GOD IS GONNA WIN!"  

That custodian got it right! When you get the end of the Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ (which is its full title) you see that God is victorious. Evil is done away with and God's ETERNAL kingdom is established. That, my friend is something that keeps me going! Especially when the evil in this world appears to have the upper hand. Even during the darkest most turbulent of days, we can push ahead with hope, knowing that at the end of the last day --- Jesus Christ is "gonna win!"

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...