A Monstrous Task!

Twice in the past week I have stood in the open doorway of my garage and looked down on my driveway, wondering how I would ever move the mountain of snow that covered it? (Especially given the fact that my snow blower has been acting more like a snow catcher of late!) Well the answer, I discovered was quite simple: one shovel full at a time. Sure it took a lot of "shovel fulls" - but I did manage to get the job done. In all, over four feet of snow removed! All I can say is - I'm glad the sun is shining brightly today!

Now how I went about removing this obscene amount of snow - is the same way we must tackle any mountain that we face in life: one step at a time. Sure, it would be easy to allow the magnitude of the task to overwhelm us. In the wake of these huge snow falls, I could have very well thrown up my hands in resignation and returned to the warmth of my home. But, no. I knew what had to be done and so I went about doing it. Focusing on one shovel full at a time!

So whatever mountain you might be facing in your life - don't try to tackle it all at once. That is a sure recipe for failure. You will be quickly overwhelmed and want to quit. Instead, put one foot in front of the other and take a step. Even if it is a "baby step" - at least it is a step in the right direction. And after enough steps ... you will find yourself on top of the mountain and going down the other side!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...