Rapture Insurance for Fluffy?

The other day my office manager sent me a link to a web site where a Christian can obtain "rapture insurance" for their pet(s). That's right! The web site, Eternal Earth-Bound Pets, USA: The next best thing to pet salvation in a post rapture world, offers to care for the pets of Christians who are raptured to heaven (it is staffed with certified atheists so Christians can rest assured they will be left behind to watch out for their pets). For a fee of $110 (good for ten years), you can go to sleep at night knowing that if Jesus returns while you are sleeping, then your little Fluffy or Spot will not be left alone to starve but given a loving home. (I know this sounds far fetched, but here's the web address for you to check it out: www.eternal-earthbound-pets.com.

Now when I read this, I did not know whether to laugh or cry. I do hold to the conviction that Jesus Christ will one day return to rapture (take up) His Church to heaven. I also believe that once that event occurs, then the period known at the Great Tribulation (GT) will begin on earth. This will be a time of great turmoil, as God pours out His wrath upon this world. Given the horrors of the GT, I believe we who profess allegiance to Jesus must be ramping up our efforts at carrying the light of Jesus with us where ever we go! Giving the gospel to unbelievers (vs. giving them money for so called "rapture insurance" for our pets) is what we need to be intentional about doing!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...