A Whale of a Meal!

Yesterday, my wife and I took in an IMAX movie at Harrisburg's Whitaker Center. The film, titled Dolphins and Whales was a fascinating 3-D look into the underwater world of some of the better known species of dolphins and whales. Among the whales featured was the Fin Whale. This whale is second only to the Blue Whale in size. Adult males can reach a length of 88 feet and a weight of 70 tons. You can imagine it takes a lot of food to fill that frame and sure enough, Fin Whales consume up to two tons of small fish each day.You talk about a meal! Wow!

Just like a Fin Whale, I enjoy eating. Granted I don't eat anything close to 2 tons of food in a day, but I am sure there are many days when I eat more than I need. So I must exercise self control in eating lest I gain too much weight. But it does require self control because I like the way most food tastes (brussel sprouts and asparagus are a couple of items on my "I do not like" list!). Think about it. Isn't it amazing that God created us with the capacity to taste and enjoy our food. He could have just as well made us with tongues that lacked taste buds. But I am afraid if he had done that, some of us might starve to death! But He did not. He gave us the capacity to really enjoy a good hearty meal (even now as I write this, my saliva glands are starting to work). What a God! He is indeed worthy of our thanks, our praise, our worship, our all!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...