Being Intentional

Yesterday I spent some time on a monthly ritual that I do toward the end of every month. It's called "balancing the check book." At one time I used to hate going through this. Often when I would get to the end of the process, I would discover that I would be off anywhere from a few pennies to MANY dollars! Oh the time I would then spend trying to find my mistake (or mistakes!). Now - that has all changed as I do my checking on the computer. It is rare that my balance does not read zeroes when I am done. And even those few times when I am off, it is very easy to locate where I went wrong. I am SO grateful for my Quickbooks!

Believe it or not, I know of some people who never bother to balance their check book (and then are surprised when a check is returned for "insufficient funds"). Balancing one's check book is just one of those necessary tasks (if we want to keep our household finances in order). In a similar manner, there are some necessary tasks if we want to keep our spiritual lives in order. Time in the Word, prayer, worship (both private and corporate), serving, stewardship, witnessing, etc., etc., etc.  The Christian walk must be an INTENTIONAL walk. If we do not get INTENTIONAL about the spiritual practices that will strengthen our faith - our faith will begin to atrophy. We will become sorry imitations of the Christ we are called to imitate. So ... all this said, how INTENTIONAL are you concerning the spiritual practices that will strengthen your faith and deepen your intimacy with Jesus?

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...