"Daddy, Not So Far Out!"

Earlier this week I took a glance at the comics section of the daily newspaper (which I rarely do). On this particular day (which happened to be the day after I got back from our beach vacation), the Family Circus comic was about ... of all things ... the beach! It pictured little P.J. (the youngest of the clan) standing in toe-deep water. His father, is standing on P.J.'s ocean side in perhaps ankle deep water. As P.J. looks at his father, he says, "Not so far out, Daddy. Not so far out!"

This made my heart smile. I thought back to a few days earlier when our granddaughter Ella (a tad younger than P.J. and still not grunting out much more than a few basic "words") was walking very tentatively in the surf. And when the waves began to roll in ... she wanted up! As long as she was in my arms, she did not mind if I waded out into the surf. The waves did not appear nearly as big to her as she was held in my embrace.

Just as P.J. looked for safety and security from his daddy ... and just as Ella felt safe in my arms - so we must look to our God when the waves of trouble begin to crash against us. In Him we can find safety and security. He has promised to care for us. And that's a promise He is more than willing and able to deliver on!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...