It is Nice to Be Wanted!


Earlier today my wife, Sharon called me. She wanted to tell me that when our 14 month old granddaughter, Ella, got up from her nap - the first thing she "said" was "Pa ... Pa ..." I must admit, that brought a warm feeling to my heart. It sure is nice to be wanted!

God wants us. He invites us into His presence to enjoy Him. But far too often we are too busy (or so we think) to carve out time from our busy and often downright hectic schedules in order to spend some quiet time in His presence. As a result, our relationship with God suffers. And when that relationship suffers - all others will as well. Friends, (and I am really talking to myself on this!!!) we need to get more intentional about spending some quiet time in the presence of our God. The first and greatest commandment from our God (and therefore our first and greatest priority in life) is to love God with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength (see Mark 12:28-30). One way we deepen our love for God is to get away ... get alone ... and get into His Word (which is the written revelation of His nature, character, wisdom, will and plan). As we quietly reflect on Scripture in HIS presence - His Spirit will bind our heart and soul to Him!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...