Time Is a Precious Gift - Don't Waste It!


Suresh Joachim might not be a household name here in the U.S. (and probably most other places in the world). But he does hold a world record. Last year Jocachim set the Guinness world for consecutive hours of television viewing. And just how long did Joachim stay glued to the tube? 72 hours! That's three days! And he did it by drinking some 30 cups of coffee.

Now I don't know about you. But quite frankly I am not all that impressed. Big deal. The guy watched TV for three straight days without falling asleep or taking a "time out." At the end of the day, what impact will his feat have on this desperately needy world in which we live? But before I go too far dismissing Joachim for wasting his time, I need to look in my own mirror (and I suspect you do as well). How much of what I do is, in the grand scheme of things, a literal waste of time. Now I am not saying that when we pause from life's busyness to watch a television program (or engage in any type of recreation) that we are wasting our time. All work and no play is a certain recipe for burnout. But I think all of us could stand to benefit by taking stock of how we spend our time - especially given the opportunities around us to work for God's kingdom! God tells us in His Word that we are to be "making the most of every opportunity because the days are evil" (Ephesians 5:16). Remember, every minute you spend doing something .... anything ... is gone forever!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...