I'm Back .... for a While!


Now that I am back from my travels to Cincinnati, Ohio and Ocean City, Maryland ... here are a few thoughts rambling through my rather numb brain - numb from being blitzed by all the work that has piled up in my absence!

1. "Vacation Time" passes at 3.67 times the rate of all other kinds of time. Have you noticed this phenomena? It seemed like we had just pulled out of our driveway on the way to Ocean City when lo and behold we were pulling into our driveway on our way back from Ocean City! This just doesn't seem quite fair to me ... but it's the way things are! SO ... I will accept it and move on!

2. Adjusting to new surroundings and routines can prove trying for adults ... but can be downright next to impossible for a 14 month old toddler. We were reminded of this during our stay down at the beach. Our granddaughter Ella thought sleeping in the same room as Mommy and Daddy meant more time to play ... when Mommy and Daddy (and the rest of us) wanted to sleep! (In all reality it wasn't that bad for us ... with the exception of Mommy and Daddy!) Having said this ... let me put a plug in to ask you to pray for our team down in Mexico this week ... and our team leaving for India on August 8th. Pray for their adjustments to new surroundings, food, situations, etc.

3. There is NO PLACE LIKE HOME! Despite being blitzed by the demands of my work -- I can honestly say that I am so very glad to be back - sleeping in my own bed, typing on my own computer, reclining on my living room lazy boy. Home is where I feel most comfortable (thanks Sharon for making it such a wonderful place to "kick back" and relax!). And of course, this is just a foretaste of our real home ... a place called HEAVEN! Are you ready to go? Have you made peace with God?

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...