Back in the Saddle!

Now that my vacation is quickly fading in the rear view mirror of life ... I am back in the office. Here are a couple of the thoughts bouncing off the walls of my mind as I start my work week.

1. Our plans don't always work out. My wife and I had planned to spend about four days in New Jersey last week. However, she came down with a fever last Tuesday evening and was sick the rest of the week (turns out she has pneumonia). She is now on antibiotics and finally "on the mend." We were disappointed - but this is how life works at times. We plan ... but "stuff" happens. It's good to know even in these times that God is still in control.

2. I ran across an interesting question and answer that Randy Alcorn, author of the book Heaven, posted on his website. Here's the question: "How would you respond and minister to unsaved friends or family (or even strangers) who have lost a loved one and assume that their lost loved one is in heaven, even thought that person clearly did not have a relationship with Jesus Christ?" That's a great question. For his answer, check out the following link: http://www.epm.org/blog/2010/Oct/25/how-do-i-minister-unsaved-friend-whose-loved-one-d.

3. Due to my wife's illness last week ... I did get to enjoy some special bonding time with my 18 month old granddaughter. I watched her for parts of two different days since Grammy was down for the count. I came away reminded of just how important a role grandparents can and should have in the lives of their grand kids. So if you are a grandparent, let me encourage you to pray for your grandchildren and seek to be a godly example to them (see 2 Timothy 1:5 and 2 Timothy 3:15).

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...