It's Moving Day!

Today my son and his family are moving ... again! Back at the end of June, they moved into a rental townhouse to wait for their new house to be constructed. Today is the day they settle on their new home and begin the move. So I will be helping, of course - but will definitely be limiting myself to the smaller stuff!

Now moving is something I am very familiar with. Across the years, my wife and I have lived in 8 different apartments/houses. In addition, when I pastored in the Pittsburgh area, it seemed like someone in our church family was moving every month. At times I felt like I was running a moving company rather than shepherding a flock!

I don't know about you, but as for me I DESPISE moving (especially when it's me and my house that's being moved!). I can think of few other things I like less than packing up my house and moving (perhaps going to the dentist would qualify!). As I think back on my moves, I could not wait to be settled in our new home (with the hope that it would be a long time before moving again!).

For those of us who have chosen to repent of our sin and rebellion against our God and seek forgiveness through Christ and his sacrifice on the cross for us - we have a home waiting for us. Yes, it will involve a move. But the move won't be like the moves we endure here on earth. For starters, we will not be taking anything with us! All the "stuff" we accumulate here on earth will remain behind. Also keep in mind that this move will be PERMANENT! Once at home in heaven - we will be there forever and ever! This concept (of eternity) is hard for me to wrap my mind around. But that's OK ... I am looking forward to it!

I hope you have a home waiting for you in heaven (Jesus refers to heaven as "My Father's house" - see John 14:1-6). If you want to reserve a place, I suggest you go to the following link which explains the biblical teaching concerning how one receives eternal life: http://www.gracewv.org/488698.ihtml#h_21899.

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...