Good News!

Yesterday was a day of bad news. The day began when I discovered a colleague and friend of mine died while out biking. Todd was only 48 years old. Then later in the day I learned that another friend died over the weekend. Both reports were unexpected and unwelcome.

So I found myself needing to hear some GOOD NEWS. It was in this state of mind this morning that I picked up John Piper's book, Finally Alive. Under the heading, "The Greatest News in the World," I read the following words:

"Christ, The Son of God, died in our place - became our substitute - to pay the price for all our sins, and to accomplish perfect righteousness, and to endure and remove all of God's wrath, and rise from the dead triumphant over death for our eternal life and joy in his presence - and all of this offered freely through faith alone in Jesus Christ alone. That's the good news. To this day, two thousand years later, it remains the greatest news in the world."

I agree with Piper. There is NO greater news than the gospel! Let's believe it ... live it ... and proclaim it today!

Thanks for stopping by ...

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...