A Blown Light Bulb and a Tripped Circuit Breaker

This morning when I flipped on a small desk lamp in my office, the bulb blew. So I went over to a floor lamp that sits in the corner and turned its own switch. Nothing. Hmm. Circuit breaker tripped? So I made my way to the janitor's closet that contains the breaker panel ... and when I opened its door - there staring back at me in all red was the blown breaker. All is now well after I simply reset the breaker and replaced the blown bulb.

Wouldn't it be great if we could fix every problem as simply as that? But life doens't work that way. The fix for many problems require much more effort (and other resources). And the bigger the problem ... and the longer the problem has been around ... the more effort and resources we must expend to fix it! We do not like this reality of life! We all would like to snap our fingers and make our problems go away. But that's not going to happen. So, should we throw up our hands in defeat ... and simply "grin and bear it?" Not at all. God has given us all the resources that we need to "fix" our problems. But we must also do our part (see 2 Peter 1:3-9). We must grab hold of these God-given resources and "discipline ourselves for godliness" (see 1 Timothy 4:7-8). Only as we commit to partner with God and allow Him to do His work IN us and then THROUGH us will we begin to have success "fixing" our problems. Now that's a thought! That the King of the Universe would be willing to partner with us!!!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...