The Saddest Day of Human History

I have experienced some sad days in my earthly journey of 54 years. I recall the day I found out that my grandmother died. When my mom told me the news, I broke down and wept. I was twelve. When I was 24 our oldest daughter came very close to dying due to seizures. That was a sad (and scary) day. Then there were the days my father-in-law (August 18, 1994), my dad (August 15, 2003) and my mom (October 2, 2003) died. Those were sad days (and I have endured a number of others). And I know you have had your share of sad days as well. As long as we continue on this earth - there will be more sad days ahead.

But the saddest day ever experienced by any person was the day when our first parents, Adam and Eve rebelled against the Creator. Suddenly the beauty of the created realm was marred .... twisted, distorted, and broken by humanity's sin. Ever since, all of us are broken and life around us is broken. Scripture makes it clear that all of us enter this world as sinful human beings (see Psalm 51:5; Romans 3;23; Romans 5:12). And this whole world is "under bondage to decay" (Romans 8:21) waiting to be set free from its bondage.

When one fully understands all the consequences of this saddest day, one can't help but rejoice when confronted with the good news of the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ for us ... and his subsequent resurrection. You see my friends, even though we might be broken people, we can be made whole when we by faith embrace Jesus Christ (see 2 Corinthians 5:21). Have YOU ever made the decision to turn from your sin ... and turn to Jesus Christ - trusting Him and Him alone for the salvation of your soul? I sure hope you have met the God who loved us so much that He sent us His Son! (John 3:16)

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

PS - Some of you might be wondering why I chose a sad looking Panda for my photo. Humanity's rebellion not only brought about severe consequences for the human race ... but the entire created realm has been impacted (again see Romans 8:21).

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...