Some Random Thoughts To Start Your Work Week

As you get going on yet another week, here are a few thoughts to think about:

1. Isn't it a good feeling to get something that you know will be tough to do .... done? I am feeling good (at least on the inside) that all my adult children are now in their homes. After three moves in the last four months (the last being this past Friday-Saturday and that's why the good feeling is on the inside of me ... my body is still aching!), I am quite grateful that there are no more moves in the foreseeable future. Yes!

2. Tomorrow is ELECTION DAY. I encourage all of you who are registered to vote to get out and cast it! I often hear people complain about our elected officials, only to find out they never vote! So head to the polls and prayerfully consider supporting those candidates who value life!

3. There are only 23 days until Thanksgiving and 53 days until Christmas. That's right. The holidays are knocking at the door! I bring this up to urge all of us to plan to emphasize the spiritual aspects of these holidays. There was a reason God instituted the Old Testament feasts for the people of Israel. In part it was to give them time to come apart from their regular routine to remember HIM and His ways. You may want to check out the following resources: For Thanksgiving Day (http://www.biblicalspirituality.org/sing.html or http://www.crossroad.to/HisWord/notes/oswald/thanksgiving.htm) and for Christmas (http://www.biblicalspirituality.org/xmas.html).

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...