Saying Goodbye to a Heavy Weight of the Faith

After several months of deteriorating health, Anglican pastor and giant of the Faith, John Stott, died last Wednesday at his home in Surrey, England. Stott was a prolific author (writer of the classic, Basic Christianity which has sold over 2.5 million copies) and has been a regular speaker at conferences and universities around the world. Evangelist Billy Graham has been a long time friend of Stott. A spokesman for Graham issued this statement: "The evangelical world has lost one of its greatest spokesmen, and I have lost one of my close personal friends and advisors. I look forward to seeing him again when I go to Heaven."  For more information on this influential man, check out this site on Christianity Today.

In remembrance of John Stott (whose writings have had a major impact on my own walk with Christ), here is something he once wrote that we all need to hear: "The thing I know will give me the deepest joy - namely, to be alone and unhurried in the presence of God, aware of His presence, my heart open to worship Him - is often the thing I least want to do."  (Now in glory, John Stott is doing this in ways that we can only envy!)

Thanks John Stott! My life is so busy at times ... that I really needed that reminder!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...