Distinctively Different!


Recently I have noticed a few cardinals feeding at my bird feeder, which hangs from a post just outside my home office window.  As you can guess, cardinals, with their bright red feathers are easy to spot when they arrive. And in the warmer months, I enjoy listening to their very distinctive song - especially when two or more of them are involved in putting on a concert! 

Just as cardinals in the bird world are distinct in both color and song – we as Christ-followers are to be distinct in the real world in all that we think, say and do.  Christ calls us to follow the way of the cross – which is a very counter-cultural path.  So if we are walking this path – denying ourselves, picking up the cross daily and following Him (see Luke 9:23) – we will be distinctly different from the masses around us.  Are you willing to stand up --- and stand out for Jesus?  

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...