Forgiven!

Recently I was talking with a friend about how easily people complain (and we Christians are not exempt from complaining!). During our conversation, I mentioned to him a truth that I had recently read. The author said something to this effect: "Why do we (he was referring to Christians) so easily and so readily complain about this life when our names are written in heaven?"  Ouch! Got me on that one!

This morning I was again reminded of the glory of being forgiven as I was reading the prayer of an unknown Puritan of yesteryear. The final line of the prayer read: "O Lord God, without the pardon of my sin I cannot rest satisfied."  (Or to state in positive terms, "O Lord God, with the pardon of my sin I can rest satisfied!")

How about YOU? Have you been forgiven? (If you are wondering how you can be forgiven by God, click here) If you have .... then focus on the fact that your name is forever written on the very foundation of heaven. Not because of anything you have done ... but because of EVERYTHING Christ has done!  And rest satisfied!!!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...