The Gift that Never Stops Giving!


During my prayer time this morning ... I used one of my favorite devotional books, the Valley of Vision: A Collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions. Here is an excerpt from the prayer that I used today ... it focuses on Jesus Christ.





"O source of all good, 
What shall I render to you for the gift of gifts, 
Your own dear Son, begotten not created,
my redeemer, proxy, surety, substitute, 
his self-emptying incomprehensible,
his infinity of love beyond the heart's grasp.

Herein is wonder of wonders:
He came below to raise me above,
was born like me that I might become like him.

When I was undone, with no will to return to him, 
and no intellect to devise recovery,
he came, God-incarnate, to save me to the uttermost, 
as man to die my death,
to shed satisfying blood on my behalf, 
to work out a perfect righteousness for me. 

Let me clasp my savior to my heart, 
embrace him with undying faith, 
rejoicing that he is mine and I am his. 

In him you have given me so much that heaven can give no more. 

Amen."

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...