Well Said!


Recently I had to deal with a situation that occurred as a result of how one person talked to another.  It seems that this person had an agenda and in the process of pushing his agenda he was very insensitive to the person with whom he was conversing. 

Now before dealing with the situation, I took a long hard look into the mirror.  And guess what?  I found that all too often I am guilty of doing the very same thing!  As I reflected on this, the Spirit of God brought the following verse to mind: “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen” (Ephesians 4:29).  In this verse, the Apostle Paul defines unwholesome talk as any talk that fails to build up others according to their needs.  Or to state it positively, wholesome talk is talk with benefits the listener by building him or her up according to his or her need. 

Now to consistently speak wholesome words, we must get our focus off of our selves and onto others.  Only then will we speak words that build and benefit and heal rather than tear down and wound and hurt.  I challenge you to memorize and then live out this powerful verse.  It will transform your talk which in turn will transform your relationships and bring much glory to our God!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...