Destination: The Father’s House

Every time I have to head out of town, my already full schedule gets even fuller. I have to get things done so all my bases are covered while I will be away. I need to pack for the trip. Things around the house often need done, and depending on the nature of the trip there are usually certain items that must be cared for to insure a "successful" trip. If the trip is to an overseas destination, especially one to which I have never gone, I will do research on what it is like there or, even better, talk to someone who lives there. I guess the boy scout comes out in me at these times .... I just want to BE PREPARED!

Speaking of trips, there is a certain trip in my future. The departure date is not on my calendar, nor have I begun to pack (in fact, I won't be able to pack for I will not be taking anything from this world with me!). I am referring to the trip ALL of us will one day take – from earth to eternity.  I often wonder what Heaven will be like.  I can’t talk to someone who has been there.  But I can hear from the One who lives there.  In my opinion one of the most fascinating descriptions of Heaven is found in the early verses of John 14.  There Jesus refers to Heaven as “My Father’s House.”  Given the fact that we are the children of God through our faith in Jesus Christ (John 1:12-131 John 3:1) Heaven, “the Father’s House,” is our true home.  That in and of itself is enough to say to me that Heaven is a wonderful place – a place that is better by far than any place on earth (Philippians 1:23).  Dorothy of Oz fame said it so well when she clicked her ruby slippers and repeated, “There’s no place like home; there’s no place like home!” (And keep in mind - she was talking about Kansas!).  What a glorious day it will be when we get to go HOME!  Let me ask you - are YOU ready for eternity?  Are you PREPARED? If you have any questions, please email me and we can "talk."  Or simply check out Two Ways to Live: the Choice We All Face.  

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...