Warm and Inviting OR Cold and Forbidding??

Psalm 42:1  As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God.

I ran across a rather disturbing quote today by one of my favorite authors, Jerry Bridges. Please take a moment and read what he wrote ....


Now if you read those words, you might be wondering why I found his words to be disturbing. More than I would like to admit ... I don't find those words "warm and inviting" describing me (at least not nearly as much as I would like). I can get awfully grumpy and critical at times, complaining about this and that to anyone who might want to listen. So as I thought about that ... it made me see that I am not spending enough alone time with God. So ... with that said ... I am signing off to do just that.

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...