One Thing!

In Psalm 73, Asaph, the writer of this particular psalm expressed his heart's single desire when he wrote, "Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you."

So ... if this were true of you and me ... if we desired nothing on this earth as much as we desired God, what would this look like? Consider J.I. Packer's answer to this question: "It is a matter of wanting and valuing 'fellowship . . . with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ' (1 John 1:3) more than I want or value anything else in this world. And it is a matter of making knowing and loving and pleasing and praising God my life task, and of seeking to lead others into the same God-glorifying pattern." 

Hmm. Seems like I have a ways to go (and I am guessing you do as well!). So let's take a step or two today toward making this a reality in our lives: to have one thing at the top of our priority list: living for God and His Son Jesus by the enablement of the Holy Spirit!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...