BLESSED NEW YEAR 2014!



Toward the end of his great letter to the church at Rome, Paul offers up this benediction (blessing) upon thechurch: "The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you" (Romans 16:21). From The Valley of Vision comes this portion of a prayer for the New Year. I offer it up to you to pray for yourself as we begin our journey through 2014. 

O Father, 
Give me Your grace to sanctify me, 
   Your comforts to cheer, 
   Your wisdom to teach, 
   Your right hand to guide, 
   Your counsel to instruct, 
   Your law to judge, 
   Your presence to stabalize, 

May Your fear be my awe, 
   Your triumphs my joy. 

Amen. 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...