So ... You Hate Waiting?

J.I. Packer is one of my favorite theologian-authors. His writing is extremely practical and to the point. Unlike other theologs whose writings are like a swamp of molasses, I find Packer's to be more like a mountain stream full of clean refreshing water. Often that is just what my soul needs!

I was introduced to J.I. when I was a freshman in college. I bought and then devoured his classic book, Knowing God (if you have not read it ... you should!). Packer introduced me, as a young Christian, to the God I was just getting to know. Below is one of his many insights into the nature and ways of God that fill every page of his book. Take a few moments this weekend to chew on what he writes. You will be better for it!

"Wait on the Lord" is a constant refrain in the Psalms, and it is a necessary word, for God often keeps us waiting. He is not in such a hurry as we are, and it is not his way to give more light on the future than we need for action in the present, or to guide us more than one step at a time. When in doubt, do nothing, but continue to wait on God. When action is needed, light will come." 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...