Living Life NOW in Light of THEN

Yesterday at our weekly staff meeting, we do something we almost always do: share prayer requests. Often these requests are for people with needs within our church family. One woman we prayed for is just six weeks away from her birthday ... and not just any birthday ... but her 100th birthday! Wow!  100 years of living!  Now as I thought of her birthday, I thought of my own approaching birthday (which just happens to fall on the same day as this centenarian) which will be, for me, number 58. So if God allows me to live as long as this woman – I will still have almost half of my life before me!

Now, regardless as to whether I live another 42 years or another 5 – what is most important is that I live those years fully for Jesus Christ.  This life, no matter how brief or how long, is only a prelude to the main event.  Most of us get this all mixed up.  We think of this life as the main event and the next life as a mere add-on.  But in reality, Eternity is what life is all about.  God created us for Eternity (Ecclesiastes 3:11). He saved us for Eternity.  We are headed for Eternity.  Therefore, we had best live NOW for Eternity (see Colossians 3:1-4 and 2 Corinthians 4:16-18)!

Thanks for stopping by . . . and SEIZE THE DAY!
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...