A Prayer for Your Midweek

As I was praying through and meditating upon one of the prayers from the book, The Valley of Vision: A Collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions, I was really struck by the first section of the prayer. The opening words of Hebrews chapter 12 talks about the race God has set before us. He wants us to run this race with perseverance (i.e. - to keep on running even when the terrain gets rough or we feel that growing pain in our sides). The key to doing this is to keep our eyes on Jesus (Hebrews 12:1-2). The prayer I read today .... helps, I believe, us to do just this. I encourage you to take a moment and make this prayer of yesteryear ... your prayer for today.

Thou God of all grace, 
Thou has given me a Saviour, 
Produce in me a faith to live by him, 
To make him all my desire, all my hope, all my glory. 

May I enter him as my refuge, 
     build on him as my foundation, 
     walk in him as my way, 
     follow him as my guide, 
     conform to him as my example, 
     receive his instructions as my prophet, 
     rely on his intercession as my high priest, 
     obey him as my king.

And whatsoever I do today, 
May it be done in the Saviour's name. 

Amen. 

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...