It's No Generic Name for Us!

Last week a friend passed this advertisement from our local newspaper on to me. He thought it was quite funny that my name was being used in such a generic ad (a clergy appreciation ad none the less!). I laughed when he gave it to me. After 50+ years of bearing my generic name ... I have heard it all! At least no one ever has asked me to spell my name!

But we who choose to follow Jesus Christ bear a name that is anything but generic! We bear HIS name. And what does the Bible say about HIS name?  "Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father" (Philippians 2:9-11; see also Ephesians 1:20-22). What a privilege to bear HIS name!  Let's be sure we bear it with courage, integrity and compassion! 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...