But That's not in the Plan!

Plans. We all make them. Seek to implement them. Hope to realize them. But often our plans don’t quite work out the way we hoped. When I was a senior in high school, my plan was to go off to college and major in chemistry and become a chemist. Gladly, that plan did not work out. When Sharon and I got married, our plan was for me to work our first year while she finished college. Then she would work full-time while I attended seminary, after which I would seek a pastorate. At that point we would begin a family. That plan lasted ten months. Our first born, Emily, came along during Sharon’s spring break of her senior year. I could go on … but I think you get my point. No matter how well thought out our plans might be – there are no guarantees that they will come to pass.

Not so with God’s plans! His plans are set in granite. What God purposes WILL happen! No ifs, ands or buts about it! In Psalm 33:11 we read, “But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations.” I don’t know about you – but I find a lot of comfort knowing that God’s plans for this world (and for me!) will one day be a reality! Why? Because when you read the finally chapter of the good Book – you will see that in the end, “Jesus is going to win!” So in the midst of this world’s ongoing turmoil, take heart in that! A better day IS coming!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...