It's a Small World!

Shortly after I finished preaching in Union Biblical Seminary's Chapel service during my recent time in India, I met one of the professors who teaches there at UBS. He approached me after the service and introduced himself. He wanted to speak to me because he had heard that I was associated with Lancaster Bible College (I am an adjunct professor there). This man had served for a number of years as a missionary in Guyana. He knew some LBC personnel as LBC would take students to Guyana on short term trips. When I heard "Guyana," I asked him about a high school buddy of mine who had served in Guyana as a missionary for a number of years. Turns out, my friend was his co-worker! So there I was in Pune, India - talking with a man I had never met about a mutual friend! One that he knew from South America and I knew from my home town in Pennsylvania! Wow! Talk about a small world!

Well, the world we live in is indeed growing smaller, much of which is due to the advances in transportation and technology that we have seen in recent years. But the world is also growing increasingly more troubled and violent. A glance at any newspaper or Internet news site reveals just how true this is. But this should not surprise those who know their Bibles. In 2 Timothy 3:1-4, the Apostle Paul writes,

"But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God"

Sounds a lot like today, doesn't it? I believe we are in the last days. And these last days will not go on forever (that's why they are termed the "last" days!). These turbulent times in which we live will end when Jesus Christ returns from heaven to establish his kingdom. Are you ready for his return? When he comes back, will he find you faithful?

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...