Waiting for THE Phone Call!

Yesterday, as my wife and I were driving home after spending part of my day off sitting by the banks of the Cheasapeake Bay, she offered up a rather vocal and rather loud yawn. I almost jumped out of the driver's seat! "What's wrong?" I asked with more than a little urgency in my voice. "Nothing, dear. I just yawned." After calming down, my wife was quick to point out that I have been a bit "on edge" the past few days. She's right. I have been! Why? As many of you know, my youngest daughter Kate is expecting to deliver her first child any day now. Every time my cell phone rings I find myself thinking, "This is it! The baby is on the way!" You'd think after having gone through this three times with my wife that I'd be an old pro at this! But nope! The thought of the "baby" of our family having a baby of her own causes me great excitement and joy one moment and fear and trepidation the next!

So all this to say ... if you email me, call me, talk to me anytime in the next few days and I don't appear to be "all there" in my response - it's because I'm not. Please pray for me, that I can stay focused on my tasks. But more importantly, please pray for Kate and her husband, Ryan - and of course the little guy we have been affectionately calling, "Lil' Slugger."

Psalm 127:3 "Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him."

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...