He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not . . .

Growing up, I never really doubted my dad's love for me. He worked hard, often working two jobs to provide for me, my mom and my four siblings. However, I cannot recall my dad ever saying to me, "John, I love you." Because of this, I determined from the get-go of having children, that I would always tell them that I loved them. Even now, when my son and I wrap up a phone call it's always with the words, "I love you." What I have done with my kids ... we are now doing with our grandkids. We want them to hear LOUD AND CLEAR that we LOVE them! And, of course, we strive to back up our words with our actions.

God is love. And He has expressed his love for us in an unmistakable manner. The Bible tells us that "God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). Isn't it incredible to think that while we were God's enemies (see Romans 5:10, 8:7), Jesus Christ, the God-man was willing to go through "hell" on the cross for us? Wow! That's love! And for those of us who have been born again by the Spirit of God and are therefore now "in Christ" - there is NOTHING that can separate us from the love God has for us in Christ (see Romans 8:35-38). It's is truly reassuring to know that nothing I do or say or think today will cause God to love me any more or less than he does right now! His love for me is constant and unconditional. Knowing that is enough to make my day!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...